Skip to main content

Serena Williams Set To Return To Playing Tennis In February


Former world number one Serena Williams will return to the tennis courts In February to play for the United States for their Fed Cup first round tie against the Netherlands.
The United States Tennis Association (USTA) disclosed this on Tuesday.
Since Serena Williams won the Australian Open title last year she has not played a WTA tournament and even skipped this year’s opening Grand Slam.
This came after a rising concern over Serena Williams health after giving birth to her first child.
She has played once since picking up her Open-era record 23rd Grand Slam in Melbourne last year.
Serena, however, lost to Roland Garros champion Jelena Ostapenko in an exhibition match in Abu Dhabi last December.
The 36-year-old American will be joined by older sister Venus Williams and world number nine CoCo Vandeweghe with a fourth player to be announced next week.
The February 10 to February 11 tie will be played on an indoor hard court in Asheville, North Carolina.
The U.S. beat Belarus last year for a record-extending 18th Fed Cup title, they are first in 17 years.
Serena Williams is trying to gain back her fitness after suffering serious health complications immediately after the birth of her baby, Alexis.
Baby, Alexis Olympia, was born via emergency Caesarean section due to her alarmingly low heart rate. The baby’s health stabilized after birth since she was subjected to intensive care, but Serena said that “everything went bad” for her personally.
“Sometimes, I get really down and feel like, man, I can’t do this. It’s that same negative attitude I have on the court sometimes. I guess that’s just who I am. No one talks about the low moments — the pressure you feel, the incredible letdown every time you hear the baby cry.” she confessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019 – Former Governor Of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido

Former Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido has declared that he will emerge as Nigeria’s next President in 2019, despite moves by the presidency to derail his ambition. Lamido, who kicked off his presidential campaign on Satutrday at Birnin Kudu Local Government Area of Kebbi State, declared that President Muhammed Buhari is a fake Fu;lani man from Katsina, stressing that he 2019 presidential election will be between him, who is the real Fulani and Buhari, who he called a fake Fulani man. He noted that he had traveled across Nigeria meeting leaders of the party to notify them of his intention to run for the presidency next year on the platform of the opposition People Democratic Party (PDP), adding that last Saturday’s rally was his official declaration for the number seat. Speaking before thousands of his supporters, he dared “whoever that person may be” in power to try to prevent his emergence as Nigeria’s next president, which he said is the will of God. “The 2019 presi...

WordPress vs. Blogger – Which one is Better? (Pros and Cons)

We are often asked by new users  why they should use WordPress  instead of free blogging services like  WordPress.com  or Blogger? WPBeginner is the largest resource site for WordPress beginners, so it is obvious that we favor WordPress over other blogging platforms. In this article, we will do a WordPress vs Blogger comparison to help you decide which one is better for your needs. We will cover all WordPress vs Blogger pros and cons, so you can make the best decision when it comes Blogger vs. WordPress as a platform for your site. Important:  Please note that this comparison is between self-hosted WordPress.org and Blogger, not WordPress.com vs Blogger. Please see our guide on the difference between self-hosted  WordPress.org vs Free WordPress.com  blog. 1. Ownership Blogger is a blogging service provided by the tech giant Google. It is free, reliable most of the time, and quite enough to publish your stuff on the web. However, it is not owne...

Olusegun Obasanjo Reveals How Nigeria Can Defeat Boko Haram

A former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed how Boko Haram can be defeated. He said if government tackles the issue of hunger and joblessness, terrorism will dealt a heavy blow. Obasanjo made the statement while in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, where he presided over a meeting of the Zero Hunger Forum, a social development goal program of both the Nigerian government and international development partners. He said research had proven that most Boko Haram fighters picked up arms against the state, not for the advancement of any religious conviction but as a means of fighting hunger and lack of job. Obasanjo who is the chairman of the SDG program on zero hunger in Nigeria is currently leading the campaign against hunger across select states in the country. He explained that of the 17 SDG agenda of the international community, “zero hunger is number two”. “Zero hunger, or ending hunger has ramification, on 14 other goals. Infant mortality, alleviation of...